The most familiar video layout is MP4. It's universal, and it has a much smaller file size compared to other formats like AVI or WMV, so if you are making videos on your phone, especially in this sort of encoding, then an mp4 Cutter will come convenient for fine-tuning them before uploading.
Mp4 cutter software is operated for editing videos with different effects. You can download these applications to edit your clips, such as contrast, effects, brightness, etc. while holding the uniqueness! These tools allow you to share on social media like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, among others that support multiple file formats such as AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV, M4V, and more.
Below is the various software to assist you in making an error-free video and fulfills the needs of both professional editors and beginners alike.
Top 6 Free Mp4 Cutter Software for Windows, Mac, and Linux
1. DaVinci Resolve - best mp4 video cutter
Compatibility: Windows, Linux, and macOS
DaVinci Resolve is a free video cutter joiner that lets you cut and combine videos on an easy-to-use timeline to produce professional results. The software has features like Blade Edit tools and multitasks timeline editor ideal for trimming out extra parts. It's a great video editor that offers many tools for editing and exporting.
- Many features of this tool offer editing, joining, cutting, and boosting quality.
- An excellent feature is audio editing that allows editing soundtracks.
- The audio editor also helps to mix different music samples and create custom audio effects.
- This mp4 cutter freeware includes dynamic trimming, duplicate frame making.
- It also allows clip merging with color correction in just one tool.
- Problems with some audio outputs
How to use DaVinci Resolve?
Follow these steps if you want to cut videos or join scenes together through this software:
- Open the software and visit the File menu to make a new project.
- Move to the Media Section.
- Import desired many videos and went to the Edit Section.
- Land the imported video in the Timeline Editor.
- Choose and tap on Blade Edit Model rip video from various positions.
- Place videos one after the other to combine them via Timeline editor.
- Head towards the Export Section to export the final product.
2. OpenShot - best mp4 video cutter online
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, and Linux
OpenShot is an open-source video editing tool that can also be used as a free service like YouTube. In addition, it shows several tools, including Multi-Track timeline editor, Rotate, Razor, Transform, Layout, Animate, and many others for vast versatility when working with different formats from MP4, FLV, WMV, AVI, etc.
- It is an effective cutting and joining tool.
- Despite cutting and joining, this best video cutter, mp4, can perform other functions.
- It offers numerous transition effects on videos and comes with stunning results.
- The tool creates additional modifications like adding titles and subtitles easily.
- It can be used on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Limited free editing functions
How to use OpenShot?
Look at the following steps that will guide you thoroughly;
- Open the software and tap on the Import Files option to load one, two, or more files.
- Land the loaded file from a Project file section to the timeline editor.
- Lead to the Razor tool and rip the video from the desired side.
- Delete the useless cutting parts of the video and then push the outcome to the Export area.
3. Free Video Cutter Joiner - mp4 cutter free
Cutting and joining videos is simple with the Free Video Cutter Joiner. The software can easily cut any video file of various formats, like MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, MKV, MPEG, or AVI, without fearing losing quality in any case.
- It dedicatedly offers two sections: one where you'll do all your joining work and another that has only cutting choices open.
- It is beneficial and easy for beginners and experts.
- It is very user-friendly software.
- The freeware mp4 cutter supports multiple formats.
- This software has no downside
How to use Free Video Cutter Joiner?
Follow these steps below if you want to use this convenient tool.
- Start the tool and lead towards the area of Video Cutter.
- Tap on the Add button to load the desired video.
- Set the Start and Endpoint option to select the element you need to set.
- After that, tap on the cut option and cut the undesired elements from the video.
- Go to Video Joiner, then tap on Add option, and then lastly click on the join option to join the video.
4. Shotcut - free mp4 cutter
Compatibility: Windows, Linux, and macOS
Video editors like Shotcut offer a simple and easy way to edit videos. The software has editing tools such as Timelines Editor, Cut, Ripple Trim, Video Filter, and split at playhead.
- Shotcut is the most capable tool for video combining and cutting.
- You can use this tool for cutting or joining your clips into different formats.
- It is compatible with macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Access to editing history is the specialty of this tool.
- It also allows you to go back to the previous step if you want any changes.
- It is not more user-friendly.
How to use Shotcut?
Below are the steps to make use of this useful tool.
- Open the Shortcut editor and hit on Open File to prepare a video. You can select one or even more files.
- Drop the prepared files to the timeline editor.
- Then choose the Split at Playhead feature and trim video from any side.
- For combining the videos, arrange them at timeline editor.
- Then, move to Export and save the product in either compatible format.
5. Video to Video Converter - best mp4 cutter online
Video to Video Converter is a useful tool for cutting and joining video files of different formats. The tool has other features such as converting the media in different formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, OGG, 3GP, ASF, etc.
- It lets the user transfer the images in video format.
- The extraordinary video converter can remove watermarks and ads.
- Easy to operate free of cost software.
- It has tools that allow you to optimize your videos according to the device they will play on.
- It has tools like Join Video Files and Split or Merge files which perform the task easily.
How to use Video to Video Converter?
- Open the tool and move to the Tool menu for selecting Split File.
- Now lead to the File menu and choose Load Source File and load file.
- Go to the search menu and hit on Start point.
- Same as start point hit on End Point placed at the seek bar.
- Now hit Ok to start cutting.
- Join videos at Join Video Files.
- Tap on Add to load video.
- Arrange positions by using arrows.
6. HITFILM EXPRESS - best online mp4 cutter
Price: Free, Paid
Compatibility: Windows and macOS
The Hitfilm Express video editor is excellent for professionals looking to cut and merge videos. It works on both Windows PCs and macOS computers, allowing you the power to make movies or vlogs easily. This program also supports many other formats such as AVI, MOV, MXF, MP4, etc. Meanwhile, we recommend you to read the post Best Video Editing Websites to know more details about video editing.
- The Free Video Cutter Joiner Software can cut and join videos efficiently.
- It offers a variety of editing tools.
- This software's timeline editor and slice tool let you cut videos easily.
- It offers stunning effects to turn your videos attractive.
- The tool asset external plugins. These plugins let you add extra features to the tool.
How to use HITFILM EXPRESS?
Now follow these steps for perfect clips.
- Open the tool and hit on the New Project option.
- After that, select the resolution, project title, and FPS parameters.
- Move towards media and click on the Import option. It will load your video file that has compatible formats.
- Bring the loaded file to the timeline editor.
- Tap on the slice tool and select your video's parts that need cutting.
- Delete the unwanted parts and then move towards the Export section.
- Export the final video product in the desired format.