If you have lost your iPhone or iPad, do not panic. Apple has provided a number of ways to recover or get hold of your lost Apple device. iCloud com find is one of the best methods that can be used to find your lost iPhone or iPad. This article will tell you how to use iCloud com find my iCloud service to find your lost Apple device.
Using the www iCloud com find is one of the most used methods by users to find their lost Apple device. This method comes in handy when your iPhone or iPad is dead or offline and you wish to use a computer to find it. This iCloud com find my phone service will help you find your lost Apple devices such as iPhone or iPad. Follow the below steps to know how to use the iCloud find com service to find your lost Apple device.
1. On your PC, open any browser and navigate to icloud.com. If you are using an Apple Mac device, you can use the Find My app.
2. On the browser, sign in using your Apple credentials. This includes your Apple ID and password.
3. Next, tap the Find iPhone app icon.
4. At the top of the screen, you need to choose All Devices and select your missing Apple device.
5. This will open a map displaying the location of your lost Apple device.
6. The Lost Mode helps you put your device in lost mode, thereby keeping your data secure. This mode can be used when you are worried about your data being accessed by other people.
7. The Erase iPhone mode can be used by users if they think that their Apple device is lost and cannot be retrieved ever. This option erases all your data from the Apple device. It is recommended to use this option carefully since users can lose all their valuable data.
8. Once done, you can click the Sign Out option present at the upper right corner of the screen to log out.
Once you think that your lost iPhone cannot be retrieved even after using the find iCloud com find a method, use the following measures.
Marking your iPhone as lost locks the device remotely with a passcode. This ensures that your data is secure. In addition to this, it also disables Apple Pay on the lost device. Users also get the option to display their contact information on the lost device.
After it is clear that you cannot find your lost iPhone using find my iPhone iCloud com service, make sure to report it to the local law enforcement. You might need the serial number of your lost Apple device. Make sure to make a note of it.
If by chance, your missing Apple device is covered under the AppleCare+ plan, you can always claim the Theft and Loss. Under this claim, Apple makes sure that you get a replacement for your lost device. It is a good-to-have option and recommended to cover your Apple device under the Theft and Lost claim, in case if such an incident happens.
Make sure to erase your data remotely from the lost iPhone. This can be done by using the Erase iPhone option in the Find My app or while using the com find my iCloud service. This makes sure that your valuable data including your personal and financial information do not get in the hands of any bad actor.
Note: If your device is covered under the Theft and Loss claim, do not erase your device until your claim has been processed.
After reporting to law enforcement, also make sure to report the lost device to your carrier. Ask the cellular provider to disable your account to avoid texts, calls, and data usage. You can also file a claim if the device is covered under a claim backed by the cellular provider.
How do I use Find My iPhone from another phone?
If you wish to use the Find My iPhone app to find your lost device from another iPhone, you need to follow the below steps:
Can I Find My iPhone using Google?
Yes! You can find your iPhone using Google if you have the Google Home app set on your iPhone. All you need to do is ask the Google Voice Assistant “Where’s my iPhone?” or “Find my iPhone.”
How do I find my lost iPhone without iCloud?
You can use any of the features mentioned below to find your lost iPhone without iCloud:
In a nutshell, you just had a look at steps to use the iCloud com find my iCloud service to find your lost iPhone or iPad. The detailed steps to use www. iCloud.com find feature was mentioned in the article so that you can find your lost Apple device. In addition to this, we also had a look at measures to take once your device is lost.